Pages

December 07, 2009

Apple Berry Salsa w/ Cinnamon Chips


I know I know, it's been a while. A long while. I have a lot to post, but no time to do it. Anywho, I have a quick, delicious recipe for you. This is a Pampered Chef recipe...I just tweaked it a bit.
(I doubled my recipe because I was bringing it to a party, you can half it and it will easily feed about 8 people.)


Apple Berry Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

Begin by peeling 4 Granny Smith Apples


Core them..
And give 'em a rough chop.
Next, peel and rough chop 2 kiwi's...Add them to the apples.
Next, chop 1 pint of strawberries, add them to the bowl. This salsa can be as chunky or a finely chopped as you like, I like it a little bigger so you can taste the flavors or the fruits.

Give everything a good toss, then add about 2 tablespoons of orange zest, and 2 tablespoons of orange juice.


Add 4 tablespoons of brown sugar, and 2 T of apple jelly (I actually used raspberry jelly...You can use whatever you want/have.)


Give everything a good toss and cover and refrigerate until chilled.

I made cinnamon chips to serve with the salsa.
1. Use 1 package of burrito sized flour tortillas and cut into chips. I used a pizza cutter and just stacked them up and sliced them into 8-10 slices.
2. Melt some butter and brush it on one side of the tortilla
3. Sprinkle it with cinnamon sugar
4. Bake on 350 until browned and crunchy, about 10 minutes. Watch carefully, it burns quickly.
(Make sure you only put butter and cinnamon sugar on ONE side, if you do both it melts and sticks to the pan and makes a great, big, ooey gooey, mess.)



Allow chips to cool and harden. Serve with salsa, yum :)






2 comments:

  1. ok this looks really yummy. yum. :)

    I got a 50 mm? 1.4.. or is it 1.8? the cheaper one. I love love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This realy looks outstanding... thanks for sharing!! Ü

    ReplyDelete