Pages

April 21, 2011

The Civil Wars

This is completely un-food related--but I just gotta share it.

A lot of you have probably never heard of this band, but I just can't keep them to myself--they are SOO good.


They are an indie folk duo (John Paul White & Joy Williams)
They are absolutely Fan. Tas. Tic.
They have AMAZING harmonies.

I've been listening to them for quite a while now, and all of a sudden they just blew up--they're getting rave reviews by everyone.

You should download their album, Barton Hallow--it's only $7 on iTunes. It's worth the $7.


A few weeks ago, Paul & I, along with some friends went to see them here in Louisville. They are equally good live as they are on their CD--which is rare. 

I just can't find the words to describe their amazingness. Really. Do you see me stumbling here? They make me stumble.

At the show--John Paul White came out to introduce the opener, and well, his fly was down. Oopsies. The Boo sent a tweet to them, letting him know:


@thecivilwars john, being a brother here.... Looked like your fly was down when introducing the opening act... Louisville!
He was grateful. they loved it, and they dedicated a song to him:


Fantastic!

We even got a picture with them afterwards...Woohoo!


Doesn't he look like Johnny Depp?

Anyways, they are absolutely fantastic and I strongly encourage you to check them out. 



1 comment:

  1. Oof, fantastic. I am obsessed with them as well. I approve this as a totally acceptable break from the food posts!

    ReplyDelete