Pages

April 01, 2011

The Magical, Disappearing Seedlings

Remember last week when I was making my pretty flower pots? ...Well, there was a bit of a mishap. A small hiccup in my plans...



DSC_0370


I had planned to plant my herbs (cilantro, basil, and parsley), and some marigolds for the front stoop. I also thought I'd give a shot at growing my own tomatoes this year. After a trip to Lowe's for some planters, soil, and seeds, I was ready to give my green thumb a go.

Here we were, Gracie & I, just minding our own business on the back porch, painting pots, planting seeds, and enjoying a glorious day.

DSC_0423
DSC_0385
DSC_0451
DSC_0452




My herbs and marigolds were sunning on the rail, and I was just finishing taking pictures of everything to share with you lovely folks when, suddenly, the unspeakable happened!

My tomato seeds went missing!
GASP!

Now, let me tell you, I searched high and low for this mysterious, disappearing seed packet. I thought, maybe the wind blew it off the porch and it was floating around down below. I searched, and searched, and search...No seeds were found.

Finally, I gave up my search. 

I cleaned up the porch, and went inside to put my pots in the windowsill, when, finally, I found the culprit.

DUNDUNDUN


DSC_0470


Case closed. 




Oh, and I'll be sure to keep you updated on the other plants that are warming in my kitchen.

DSC_0481

1 comment:

  1. I love those pots! Cant wait to see how your plants will look like after they grow! :)

    ReplyDelete