Pages

April 25, 2011

Easter, Deviled Eggs, & myPhone

Happpppy Monday!

Hope y'all had a GREAT Easter weekend! I did.

I made the Boo and I a little Easter dinner just for the two of us. In between the 5 services he had to do at church yesterday, we had a couple hours to enjoy dinner.

Of course, I forgot to take pictures of everything.
Whoopies!

I managed to snap a few pictures from my iPhone--so that's what you get.

I don't think this recipe will be too useful to you now that Easter's done--but hey, there's always next year, right? And who knows, maybe you'll make deviled eggs a weekly staple for you?
No?


Deviled Eggs


What you need:
6 hard boiled eggs
1 green onion
1/3 cup mayonaise
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard (regular mustard will suffice if you don't have dijon)
2 dashes on hot sauce
1 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
salt & pepper, to taste
paprika, for sprinkling

It starts with hard boiled eggs. Here it is, the secret recipe. It's tricky, are you ready?

1. Put 6 eggs in a saucepan.
2. Cover the eggs with cold water--1 inch higher than the top of the eggs.
3. Put 1 tablespoon of vinegar in the water. (This keeps an egg from spreading if it breaks open. It helps it coagulate.)
4. Bring the eggs to a boil.
5. Let them boil for 1 minute.
6. Remove from heat and cover.
7. Let sit in water for 14 minutes.
8. Move eggs to a bowl of ice water--this will stop the cooking.

Tada! Perfect hard boiled eggs.

Okay. So, after the eggs have cooled, cut them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks into a bowl, and put the eggs on a plate.
IMG_0039


To the yolks, add the rest of the ingredients besides the paprika.
IMG_0040

With a fork, mash up the yolks and mix all the ingredients together.
IMG_0041

Put the filling into a piping bag, and pipe into the eggs. If you don't have a piping bag, cut the corner off a ziplock bag.... Or you can scoop it in with a spoon.

IMG_0042

Sprinkle the eggies with paprika, and serve cold!

Yum yum.
I literally had 3 of these. Paul ate the rest. 
IMG_0046


Not bad pics for a phone, eh?


Speaking of my iPhone. I got it 4 days ago. Immediately I ordered a phone cover off the internet.

The next day, I got insurance on it from Best Buy. (It's pretty sweet insurance, it's only $15 a month and you can break your phone as many times as you want and they just send it in and in like 3 days you get a new one. FANTASTIC, right? )

I've been doing realllllly well, trying to protect my phone.

Today--I dropped it. On the cement.
It shattered.


3 hours later, I got my case that I had ordered in the mail. Convenient.

ARG!

Well, tonight I went to the mall to send it into the Best Buy to get it fixed, and I decided to stop by The Apple Store quick, to see if there's anything they could do. (They did replace Paul's iPad (FOR FREE) when he left it on top of his car, and it fell into the middle of one of the busiest streets in town and got ran over several times before Paul went searching for it several hours later)

Welp, Apple is good. They fixed my phone. For free. No sending it in. No waiting. Fixed phone. No cracks. Free.

Yay Apple. Recommended, for sure.
(Nope, they didn't even pay me to say this to you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment